Wednesday, May 7, 2014

#chempaperaday Day 33/365 : "In-cell NMR: an emerging approach for monitoring metal-related events in living cells"

I have to confess, I did not know that you could do this !

So, this paper is obviously about in-cell NMR and the main focus is not to determine the structure of a protein. But, they tend to focus on how NMR can be used to study the binding of metallodrugs and the metalloprotein binding interactions. 

Also, this is the first time I have read/heard this :

"...metal selectivity of metalloproteins in vivo is different from that in vitro and this may hold true for metalloprotein folding." 

Actually, you can read a few examples on the difference of in-vitro and in-vivo selectivity of proteins for certain metal ions.

I will also try to find and read some of the references in this paper. My interest in these studies is aboslutely greater now.

The paper was open access when I read it. But, I am not sure now. Just try it.







No comments:

Post a Comment