Friday, April 8, 2016

What is wrong with this periodic table?

Here is an interesting periodic table from the journal Cell. The title is definitely interesting and I really want to read the article. But, I can't help but staring at this periodic table.



First of all, the d-block has 11 groups instead of 10. A whole group (either 17 or 18, you pick one) is missing. Finally, the f-block has 15 groups. I am not sure but it looks like there are 118 elements in total which is fine. But, you don't see a periodic table like this often. I am wondering if any of the authors or an editor ever noticed anything wrong with this. I am also wondering where they got this periodic table from.

I think it's open access, so go ahead and look at it.

http://www.cell.com/cell-reports/pdf/S2211-1247%2816%2930297-2.pdf 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment