Friday, May 12, 2017

A square-planar osmium(II) complex #chempaperaday 292

Another one joined to the few structurally characterizes square planar osmium complexes. The synthesis is really interesting. For example (synthesis of 11), they dissolve the Os(II) starting material in benzene/pentane mixture, then remove the solvent and wash with pentane. Then there is some Et2O and DCM involved. I am trying to understand what is happening..


The title compound's synthesis is more straightforward. Reduction with Cp2Co. How I wish I could reduce something with cobaltocene. Never worked for me. In case you are wondering, it is a paramagnetic compound with a beautiful proton NMR spectrum. But it does have a 31P peak which is unusual for me.

I found the paper interesting and I think it is a really nice paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment