Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Reactivity of a Lewis Base Supported Thorium Terminal Imido Metallocene #chempaperaday 294

Actinides (especially thorium and uranium) are among my research interests and I would love to work with them. We simply know very little about their chemistry and what they can do. I think some people believe some of their reactivity would be similar to early metals. Several small molecule activation studies support this but still there are so many unusual reactivity observed with them that show how special they are. I try to read anything I see about thorium. Here is a really nice work where they were able to structurally characterize 15-16 complexes. I found several of them really interesting that I hope they follow up on those and see how far the chemistry goes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment