Another year's passed. I am getting older and this makes me sad. Here's the summary of my 2015:
1. I have read 10 books. You can see some of them here. I will write more reviews for the ones I am missing and hopefully read at least 10 more books in 2016.
The Violinist's Thumb
The Devil's Doctor
Linus Pauling: And the Chemistry of Life
The Kaiser's Chemists
The Time Machine and the Invisible Man
Up from Generality: How Inorganic Chemistry Finally Became a Respectable FieldEnergy from Heaven and EarthHalf-Life: The Divided Life of Bruno Pontecorvo, Physicist or SpyPython Pocket Reference
2. I have posted 75 articles that I had read using #chempaperaday tag. As I said in my very first post, these are not the only articles I have read in 2015. These are the ones I post here. I am not posting any article related to my research, thesis or anything closely related with our lab. You can be sure I've read at least 150 papers in addition to the ones I posted here. I save and annotate them in my EndNote folders.
3. I took some MOOC's and obtained some CS and Python certificates. I wrote some useful code. I built the homepage of my own website.
4. I solved my first crystal structure (with the help of the crystallographer).
5. Poster presentation at ACS Boston.
1. Publish 3 papers.
2. Read at least 10 books.
3. Learn Flask.
4. Get Data Science certificates.
5. Build a web app.
6. Finish building the website.
Hopefully, everything will be much better in 2016!
Happy new year!