Monday, February 17, 2014

Not every dream comes true

If you don't know it yet, I am a senior undergraduate chemistry student and graduating in  less than 3 months. I started my studies knowing that an undergraduate level of knowledge in chemistry would  never be enough for me. I want to know more chemistry and I will try to keep learning more no matter how much time it takes to satisfy myself.

Like everyone else, I had a dream too and it was to have my Ph.D. in chemistry at MIT. I will not give names here who I really wanted to work for though. Anyway, so I applied to MIT and I got rejected from my dream school. Does it hurt? Yes, it does. Do I know why I got rejected? Of course not. But, I can think of a few reasons for my rejection. After all, it is the most famous school in the world and thousands of people from tens of countries apply each year. So, I don't feel too bad. I know I lost my chance to people who are great. You can say that I still have a chance to do a post.doc. there, but it won't be the same.

Anyway, I had to write. 



PS: If anyone is wondering, yes I have been accepted to a few schools. But, I will not announce my final decision until I accept an offer and make it official. But, I can say that I have been having one of the most challenging periods of my life. I guess the second most challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment