Sunday, July 27, 2014

"Who should write books about science? "

This is a question I saw in one of Philip Ball's posts. By the way, in case you don't know, I think Philip Ball is by far THE BEST SCIENCE WRITER. Anyway, I do have my own ideas on the question mentioned here. But, I need to put them together in order to write a post on my own. The reason I wanted to mention the question here is the answer Philip Ball received from a Nobel laureate:

"I have a healthy disregard for anybody and everybody who has not made advances in the field in which they are pontificating."

I do believe that science writers should be SCIENTISTS that know how to write. I see many "science writers" around. But, most of them I think are just bloggers that cover scientific topics. Since they lack in the basics of the science they are writing about, I do not pay much attention to their ideas and writings. Sad but true.


No comments:

Post a Comment