Thursday, April 2, 2015

Book: "Linus Pauling and the Chemistry of Life"

I said it before and I will say it again. Linus Pauling deserved to win 3 unshared Nobel Prices in chemistry. In any field of chemistry, you can see his impact. He's always there.



This book is probably the best biography of Linus Pauling. I opened the book a very late time at night and I just couldn't stop reading it until I finished and I wish it had not finished. Such an amazing storytelling. I knew a lot about his life even before reading the book, but I still learned a lot. I knew he had trouble with government but I did not know that FBI investigated him for 24 years and some of the funding agencies cut his research funding. He had really hard time finding a place to work! What a shame. How unfair! 

There is no other chemist that revolutionized chemistry and medicine as much as he did. He was a true genius and it's a shame that for decades he was alienated by his colleagues and his government.

No comments:

Post a Comment