Friday, January 17, 2014

#chempaperaday Day 1/365: "Synthesis and Spectroelectrochemistry of Ir(bpy)(phen)(phi)3+, a Tris(heteroleptic) Metallointercalator"

I have been working on my honors thesis for some time and reading a lot lately to write the "introduction." So, I decided to blog/tweet the papers I read even though some of them are not related with my research. Then, I thought I should turn this into a challenge for myself and keep track of the papers I read for at least a year. I am hoping to turn this into a lifelong challenge. I know it is really hard, but challenge is always good for progress and success. Note that most of the papers will be about Inorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry. 

The first paper (although I read it a long time ago) is here. This paper is one of my favorites. Firstly, as far as I know it is one of the earliest papers on metallointercalators. It is full of characterization techniques such as NMR, UV-Vis, EPR, CV etc. Moreover, you can read about really useful discussions about the complex such as; the similarity/difference between its Rhodium analogs, one electron reduction in solution and a two electron reduction upon intercalation, becoming less stable when intercalated, charge transfer, electronic environment within the helix vs. the solution etc.

Anyway I hope you like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment